Sunday, February 26, 2006

Tidy up your language!

Steven and I were walking through the mall on Friday with the girls, when all of a sudden, Kyra turns to me and says, "Mommy, what's titties?" I looked at her funny and said, "What's what....?" She says again, "What's titties?" I was racking my brain trying to figure where she'd heard or read that word and kept coming up blank. So I calmly asked her, "Where did you see that word, honey?" She said, "In my book." So of course, I asked her what book and what it said. She replied, "In my Peedie book from the library. It said Peedie 'titties' up his nest." I chuckled and figured out what word she meant. So I replied, "Oh! TIDIES. Peedie TIDIES up his nest. It means to clean up." She said, "OH! Tidies. Ok." Whew. Steven and I looked at each other with laughing eyes and internally breathed a sigh of relief.

No comments: