Saturday, February 18, 2006

Bottoms Up

We go to small group on Sunday evenings at Kyra's friend Spencer's house. She and Spencer get to enjoy each other's company while the grown ups have a devotional and some fellowship. Well, last Sunday, Kyra headed to the potty before small group started and I wasn't really paying much attention because going to the potty has become old news for her by now. As she exited the bathroom and headed back upstairs to the play room, the guy sitting next to me on the couch commented nonchalantly, "Was Kyra wearing pants? Because she's not now." I immediately snapped to attention and said, "No pants whatsoever?" He told me she still had her underwear on, but had apparently nixed the pants in the bathroom. I quickly checked out the bathroom and found her pants lying in the floor, deemed unnecessary by a 3 year old who would rather be naked 99% of the time. I grabbed the pants and quickly beelined for the playroom to replace the discarded article of clothing on my half-naked little girl. I also informed her that although she may do that in the privacy of our own house, wearing pants is a requirement when we're out and about.

No comments: