Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Mommy Dance

At her usual time the other night, Siana started to get hungry and sleepy, so I started our nighttime routine. I laid her down on the changing table, pulled a diaper down off the shelf, got a wipe ready, and changed her diaper. We have a SwaddleMe blanket deal that we wrap her in, which makes her look like a little baby burrito and helps her sleep really soundly. I got the SwaddleMe out and started to adjust it and get it ready to put her in. Meanwhile, she's lying on the changing table and getting irritated because she's hungry. She started to fuss and I immediately started bouncing and swaying. I just as immediately felt like a total idiot because the baby was lying there on the changing table and not in my arms. But apparently distance dancing also does the trick, because she stopped fussing and looked at me strangely, probably wondering What on earth was that? At least nobody saw but the baby, and she'll never tell.... =)

No comments: