Friday, February 10, 2006

Pete & Repeat

Ah, where to even start with this one? Well, I'll just prelude by saying that Kyra, good girl that she is, occasionally has a bit of an attitude issue. Typical 3 year old. Well, at times, these episodes progress to the point where she is threatened with a spanking or isolation in her bedroom if she continues her sassiness. She is also consistently, day in and day out, about 10 decibels louder than any other human being on any given occasion, happy, sad, mad, or glad. Which brings us to this evening. I had run into the store after dinner tonight and left Steven in the car with the girls. When I got back, Steven informed me that Kyra had repeated something I had said to her, apparently on enough occasions for her to remember the line verbatim. He said that she was increasing in volume during their conversation (as usual) and as she escalated into sonic boom volume, he said "Shhh" to remind her to keep her volume down. She then turned to him and very sternly said, "If you say that to me one more time, I'm going to wear your bottom out." I found this to be particularly humorous, although not in Kyra's presence. Steven, just as sternly, informed her that parents might say that to kids, but kids may not say that to parents. I'm not sure he found the humor in it as quickly as I did, but perhaps down the road he'll look back on this post and chuckle. =)

No comments: