Wednesday, January 11, 2006

What's in a name?

Kyra likes to know everyone's name and who they all go with. She knows all her grandparents' full names and is figuring out their relationship both to her and to us. My parents and sister visited a couple weeks ago to see us and meet our new addition to the family. After they left, Kyra found a few things in places that hadn't been there before. For example, in her bathtub, she found a bar of soap. When we put her in the bath, she said, "Hey, whose soap is that?" We told her that Nana and Papa used it while they were here. She later found something else that was there for Nana and Papa that wasn't usually there. She made this statement, "Hey, look at that...did the Qualls leave that too?" It cracked me up that she called them "the Qualls" instead of Nana and Papa. This week, Steven's mom, Kyra's Grammy B, is here to visit. This morning, Kyra was up before anyone else. I got up and went into the living room with her. After a while, she turned to me and said "When is Steven's mom going to get up?" I just started laughing, so she corrected it to "When is Dad's mom going to get up?" What a kid.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Oh so I'm "the Qualls" now! She is so much like her mommy! I love how she has to have names and associations so everyone fits in her organized little brain!

One of the Qualls!