Saturday, January 07, 2006

Return to Sender?

Now that we're settling into our new home and a routine with the baby, we've resumed potty training with Kyra. Well. tonight, as she was sitting on the potty, I was reading to her and Siana was sitting on the counter in her bouncy seat. Siana had been snoozing and suddenly woke with a start and started crying. As I paused the story to attend to the baby, Kyra got a mildly annoyed look on her face and said, "I think we should put Siana down the potty and I will just miss her." I chuckled internally and told her that one, people don't fit down the potty, and two, she would miss out on a whole lot of fun once Siana gets older. By this time, Siana had stopped crying and had gone back to sleep, so Kyra seemed satisfied for the time being. I understand the emergence of some annoyance and jealousy, but I sure am glad that she's at least attached enough to her to miss her! =) I'll just have to remember and be sure to check the potty each time before we flush....

1 comment:

Aidan said...

AWESOME!