Friday, April 14, 2006

Just for the spell of it

Since Kyra can read anything you put in front of her at this point, we can no longer write things we don't want her to know about. We've resorted to quickly spelling certain words, and sometimes whole sentences in some conversations. I've gotten so proficient at this technique that I now find myself spelling random words in the middle of sentences that I have no cause to spell. This is evidenced by something I told Steven in the car today. We were driving past our neighborhood pool which we've been considering buying a membership to this summer. I informed him that the girls and I checked it out on our walk the other day and that I didn't know what it's like when it's cleaned up, but at this point, it looks a little "g-h-e-t-t-o." I then thought about it and realized there was absolutely no reason to spell that. *sigh* I'm sure this is only going to get worse....

2 comments:

Aidan said...

It won't get too much worse. Soon, she'll learn to spell fast (since she's a smart cookie), and you and Steven will have to resort to using pig Latin. So count your blessings! Ha ha.

Nicole said...

haha...pig Latin is a good alternative or you can do what my parents did, and spell everything backwards...