Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Love and Marriage

I had just given Kyra a bath the other day and was combing her hair when she pointed to my left hand and said, "Dat's your wedding wing?" I said yes, that's my wedding ring. And she said, "Daddy has one too?" I said yes, Daddy has one too. She then pointed to her hand and said, "I have a wing too?" I replied that no, she didn't have one yet, but one day when she picks out a very special boy to marry, she'll have one too. I then told her that she would have to pick carefully and make sure that he loves her very much and loves God very much too. To this she replied, "I marry Uncle Shane?" It took all I had not to crack up, but I said that no, Uncle Shane was already married to Aunt Melissa. So then she asked if she could marry her Daddy. Again, I said no, Daddy is already married to Mommy. About this time, Daddy came in so he could enjoy the conversation as well and asked her what boy she thought she might marry. She thought for a minute and then said, "I marry Stanley.....and Spiderman." Ironic, as she never even watches these cartoons. So basically, she likes them either bald or climbing the walls..... =)

No comments: