Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Bwessed Be a Name of a Nord

You may have heard of the song "Blessed Be Your Name." It's on the latest Zoe Group CD, Desperate, which we've been listening to frequently in the car. Kyra enjoys this song, and it has become one of the regulars in her rotation. This morning, she saw a church song book that Steven had left out on the desk, so she picked it up, opened it up, and started singing some songs. I was checking my email during all this, and what she sang was so hysterical, I typed it as she sang. Here are the real lyrics to the song, followed by Kyra's version, which combines some of the verses, and even throws in a line from Here I Am to Worship. =) She's only 2, and she's already picked up on Steven's style of doing medleys. haha So here goes....I hope you know the song, because it probably wouldn't be even half as funny if you were unfamiliar with it:

Here are the real lyrics:
One verse says this:
Blessed be your name when I'm found in a desert place, though I walk through the wilderness,
Blessed be your name

Another verse says this:
Blessed be your name on a road marked with suffering, though there's pain in the offering,
Blessed be your name

Here's the chorus:
Blessed be the name of the Lord, blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord, blessed be your glorious name!

And finally, the bridge, which starts out with just the women singing:
You give and take away, you give and take away,
My heart will choose to say, Lord, blessed be your name

And now here is Kyra's version from this morning:

Bwessed be a name of a Nord, bwessed be a naaaaame.

Bwessed be a name, in a wand in anoppah pwace, bwessed be a naaaaame.

Bwessed be a name, in a world in a nuppawing, bwessed be a naaaaame.

Bwessed be a name of a Nord, bwessed be a gworious name

You up an nake awaaaaay, You up an nake awaaaaay (sung very high)

He I am a wuhsip, He I am a fall down (don't know how that got thrown in)

Bwessed be a naaaaaame!

2 comments:

Aidan said...

Ut-oh. I'm in some serious trouble, then, cuz I agree with Kyra. Those are the right words, aren't they?

Nicole said...

Kyra,
You and Parker can start a band:) There is this one song we sing and the line is "I want to know you more." Parker's version is "I want 2 noses moe." Bet you know that one:) We love you and miss you sweetie!