Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Just being polite....

We've tried from the very beginning to instill manners and politeness into Kyra. Apparently, it's working a little too well. She excuses herself whenever she bumps into anything, no matter if it's an inanimate object. Today, she was getting out of her seat in the car and as she scooted into the floor and turned to exit, she bumped into the seat with her arm. So she says, "Skooz me cawseat." Then later on, she ran into the coffee table as she was dancing around the living room. She got up and said, "Oh, skooz me tabo!" Hopefully this will translate into people skills somehow in the future. =)

2 comments:

Aidan said...

Does that mean that I don't have to apologize to the table any more?

Dana said...

I'm just thrilled she is so quick to say excuse me! Not many kids like that these days. Of course she's the smartest and sweetest child I know so I would expect her to be the most polite also. Tell her that her Nana loves her to pieces!