Friday, May 12, 2006

Surfin' USA

My 3 year old is officially a tech nerd (just like Mommy and Daddy). Today I got a mailing list email regarding some videos Kyra likes to watch (Signing Time). I stepped away from the computer because I was done checking my email and Kyra said she would like to look at the Signing Time pictures. I said sure and pulled up the email for her to look at. I went across the room to put Siana down on her little jungle gym toy and suddenly heard the Signing Time theme song pumping through the computer speakers.....????? I turned around and saw that Kyra had clicked from the email to the signing time website, had clicked through to the "products" page that listed all the available videos, had found a video she didn't have, and was checking out the sample video clips from that video. Holy cow! I then watched as the video clip ended and she moused up to the corner, clicked the red "x" button to close it and continued browsing the signing time videos. When did she learn how to do all that???? I'm going to have to set up parental internet controls for a 3 year old!

1 comment:

Aidan said...

Impressive. Simply amazing.