Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Hack-Hack-Grin

The innate knowledge that babies are born with amazes me. They are born knowing the proper technique to get their food. They are born knowing that you're supposed to be scared of falling. And apparently, they're born knowing that when you cough, someone will turn and look at you. I know that all babies do this, but actually seeing my own babies do it cracks me up. Siana, for a couple months now has been frequently performing the trick where she does this goofy little fake cough and then waits for someone to turn and look at her. Whoever does turn and look is then rewarded with a huge toothless grin and often a cute baby giggle. Who teaches them this? It's not like we sit around as a family and cough when we want attention. It just amazes me that she figured this trick out all on her own, as did Kyra, and as has every other baby on the planet.

1 comment:

Aidan said...

Maybe your children are just gifted. ;)