Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Amazing Love

It is astonishing to me that little children are so forgiving and unconditionally loving. Yesterday Kyra was playing next to Steven who was holding Siana on the couch. She got a little rambunctious and ended up accidentally head butting Siana on the top of her head. Siana cried like I've never heard her cry before with these giant tears streaming from her eyes. For one, it just breaks my heart to see my babies hurting, and two, I was a little worried she might have more than just a bruise because Kyra has a pretty hard noggin. I took the baby and got her calmed down enough to where I could try to determine whether or not we needed to take her to the doctor. After about 15 minutes, Kyra came over and wanted to talk to Siana and "twy to make her smile." I was completely expecting Siana to burst into tears at the very sight of her sister after what had just happened. However, as Kyra started talking to her and playing with her, Siana broke out into this enormous toothless grin. It was incredible. The forgiveness was instant and the love she has for her big sister was literally written all over her face. I only hope I can one day forgive that easily again and be like a little child in my love for others.

No comments: