Wednesday, August 22, 2007

This little light of mine

I was rocking Siana this evening at bedtime, and shortly after I heard a car rumble by outside the window, I noticed an odd flash penetrating the darkness sporadically. I thought nothing of it at first, but then a few minutes later, when I was still seeing something flash occasionally, I started to wonder what it could be. As I sat there, rocking my sweet baby, I wondered what could be going on outside her window...perhaps it was the car that drove by a little bit ago...was it a police car...is something going on out there...should I open the blinds and take a peek...but if there is something going on out there, I don't really want to open the blinds, just in case...what could that light be...it does kind of look blue...but there's no red...that's really strange. So as I sat there with this random barrage of thoughts running through my head about this odd light, I began to sort of look for it. I watched the window for a minute and when I saw the flash, I realized it didn't appear to actually be coming through the window. It appeared to be coming from something inside the room. So then I started searching for any random toys that could be flashing, yet still turned up empty. I looked behind the chair I was in, thinking that just maybe I could be rocking onto some poorly positioned toy and making it flash each time I rocked back on it. Nope, nothing there. Although the light was really bright when I turned my head back that direction, so it had to be something really close. Then, like an idiot, I finally realized what it was...I had forgotten to take my bluetooth out of my ear before entering a pitch black room and was seeing the blue standby light flashing and lighting up the entire room. Good grief. What a waste of brainpower.

4 comments:

Arlene Kasselman said...

Oh there are so many things I could say right now....but I shall reserve them until we are at Starbucks one night and we can all laugh together :-)

thegrays4life said...

And here I thought you were leading up to some deep and profound spiritual thought or revelation or something - but...not so much... Love you lots!!! :-)

Shannon said...

So brave to confess...lol

Nicole said...

sleep deprivation... eating too much icing from your yummy cakes...too much lead from recalled toys... whatever you choose to blame it on I am on your side.

thanks for the posts... missed ya~