Thursday, November 03, 2005

Something Loud....

My husband is obsessed with sound. It may be music, surround sound for the tv/movies, or just sound equipment in general, but he loves it all. We moved into our new home in Amarillo this past Friday, and on Tuesday, the Star Wars Episode III DVD came out in stores. Never mind that we still have boxes of stuff lining the walls in each room, we went to the store and bought the DVD, then went home so he could meticulously set up a makeshift entertainment center complete with surround sound speakers set up on boxes in particular locations around the room so we could watch the new movie that very night. That amuses me. But what was even funnier, we put Kyra to bed, and after Steven had white noise tested each speaker and configured the system for the distance each speaker was from his ears, we started the movie. About 1/3 of the way into the movie, I hear a loud "MOMMMMYYYYY" from down the hall. It was persistent enough that I had Steven pause the show and went to Kyra's room to check on her. We have been leaving her door open since we're all still adjusting to the new house, so I went in and asked her what the matter was. She replied, "There's something loud in here...and it's Dad's movie." I busted out laughing and told her I would ask him to turn it down a little and I would shut her door a bit so it would be quieter and she could sleep. Then I kissed her, still chuckling, and went back to report to Daddy that he would have to lower the intensity on the surround sound this time.

No comments: