Wednesday, June 11, 2008

New Alternatives to Terminix?

A couple days ago, the girls spotted an ant marching across the floor and called to tell me they'd found a bug. Kyra had on her tennis shoes, so I said, "Ok, well, get it." (Meaning step on the thing and be done with it.) Kyra looked at it, then looked at Siana, then back at the bug. She then excitedly said, "I'll sing at it!" And while I appreciate her thinking out of the box, I don't think that would quite do it. Unless of course, they could do some sort of super-sonic bug-killing shriek, which I think they've actually come pretty close to. So I responded, "No, don't sing at it, step on it!" Judging by the look on her face, this was a novel idea, and she said, "Oh! Ok!" and proceeded to do just that, walking away with a smug and satisfied look on her face. Her work here is done.

1 comment:

Arlene Kasselman said...

Now if I sang to it, it would coil over dead!