Saturday, July 22, 2006

Preschool Freestyling

There is a show on HGTV called FreeStyling, and the premise of the show is a designer goes into someone's house and uses all their existing furnishings and accessories, but redesigns the room to make better use of the space. Well, we watched that show yesterday and after I helped Kyra straighten her room up later on in the day, she began using some of the techniques she'd witnessed on FreeStyling. We got all her clothes put away and all of her toys and books as well, so I went to the other room to get her a drink that I had promised her. While I was rinsing her cup and pouring her milk, she came into the kitchen and told me that she had put some things in her room "in different places." I said "You did?" She replied, "Yes. I put some things in different places. Come and see!" So I went down the hall with her leading me by the hand and she showed me her room redesign, which consisted of a stack of books being moved to a different shelf that was now flanked on one side by a little boy figurine from her toy bin and a lovely costume ring on the other side. She was quite proud of her arrangement and told me how they were the things she had moved to different places and now she had them right there and told me which things she had used in her 'space.' My little budding designer.

No comments: