Monday, October 24, 2005

The Cadillac Ranch

I was bored out of my mind today (Steven had a meeting all afternoon), so I took a little drive to go see the infamous Cadillac Ranch. Boy was that a disappointment. It was totally lame and I actually drove right past it at first. I drove 1/2 hour out of the city expecting to see some sign or something pointing to it. Finally I turned around and saw it by accident on the way back. Of course, it was about 2 minutes outside of Amarillo and there was no sign and no fanfare, and just 10 cars parked standing up in the dirt. Holy cow, that's dumb. =) I'd heard so much hoopla about the stinkin things that I thought for sure it would at least have a sign pointing it out... Not so much. So whatever, I had nothing to do this afternoon anyway and I just confirmed that there's absolutely nothing on either side of Amarillo. So I'll never leave the city again. haha

3 comments:

Aidan said...

In order for it to make sense not to leave the city any more, there would have to be stuff to do in the city....

Hehe.

Dana said...

I think I already have told you there's nothing on any side of Amarillo! Glad you tripped over the Cadillacs though. Now you can at least say you've been there. And you gave us all a good laugh.

Love you!

Mama

Nicole said...

Hmmm...sounds a lot like Henry County KY... WELCOME TO NOWHERE!!!Hope you guys are liking it and it is becoming "home." LOVE YA!