Thursday, July 21, 2005

Commercialization

Kyra and I were walking through Wal-Mart the other day, and we went down the dishwashing aisle to pick up some dishwasher detergent. As we went back down the aisle to return to the grocery section, all of a sudden Kyra yells, "Wait Mommy! We need some Palmolive Oxy Plus!" I have never bought that particular product before, so I stopped, backed up the cart to the dishwashing liquid section and clarified. I asked her "What is it we need to buy?" She then pointed right to the bottle of Palmolive Oxy Plus and repeated herself. After I realized they show that commercial fairly regularly in between Dora and Blues Clues, I died laughing and told her we don't need to buy everything we see commercials for on TV. A little scary, but amusing nonetheless.

No comments: